• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram

© 2019 by Phi Delta Theta- Minnesota Beta

54 Years and Still Going Strong

The History of Phi Delta Theta and the Minnesota Beta Chapter

Phi Delta Theta was founded  Dec. 26, 1848, at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, by Robert Morrison, John McMillan Wilson, Robert Thompson Drake, John Wolfe Lindley, Ardivan Walker Rodgers and Andrew Watts Rogers. It operates under the Three Cardinal Principles of Friendship, Sound Learning and Moral Rectitude.

Since 1848, Phi Delta Theta has expanded to over 200 chapters across the United States and Canada. The Minnesota Beta chapter, which was originally a local fraternity called Alpha Beta Mu, was granted a charter from Phi Delta Theta and became officially established in 1964. We remain the longest standing fraternity at Minnesota State University, Mankato (MSU), have initiated more than 700 members and will be celebrating our 55th anniversary in 2019-20.

 

We are one of three fraternities at MSU that has a permanent house. We've been in our house at 639 S 4th St. since the mid-1980s and take a lot of pride in living in the oldest Phi Delta Theta chapter house in the world as the house itself was built in 1896. Our house is set to undergo major renovations over the course fo the next five to 10 years.

VIRTUAL HOUSE TOUR

VIRTUAL HOUSE TOUR

Click or tap through the slides for a virtual tour of the Minnesota Beta Chapter House.